This page contains links to my writing.
- My Books page has the complete collection of my novels and non-fiction work.
- Mirror: A warning about the caustic effects of hatred.
- Two poems from the 1980s: Poems I wrote as a student at Cal State Northridge.
- Me Minus Appendix: What I’ve learned from having an appendectomy.
- 45 Things I Learned in 45 Years: What I’ve learned so far in life.
- What Happened to Christmas?: Why this Jew believes Christmas should still be celebrated.
- Little White Ball: An Heirloom at 70 (in three parts): The story about my family’s enjoyment of baseball.
- A Call for Understanding: Samantha Smith’s example can help defuse tension between Americans and Arabs.
- Can Any Good Come from a Terrorist Attack?: Thoughts about the 9/11 terrorist attack on the United States.
- A Tribute to Bunky the Technical Writer: Recognizing the most famous technical writer in America.
- With Dmitry, eBook Industry Might Inherit the Wind: The Dmitry Sklyarov case has serious implications for the evolution of technology and culture.
- Trip Report: Southern California Writers’ Conference 2002: Well worth the drive.
- The Great Man’s funeral: This story isn’t about who you think it is. It is a cautionary tale for everyone who is convinced of their own grandeur as they face the same destiny as everyone else.
- 1961 Versus 2011: Change isn’t always good
- 20th Century (Give or Take a Decade) Wrap-Up: A humorous look back at the previous century.
- The Adventures of Captain Adequate, the Discount Superhero. A hero who’s just doing his job. (Requires free Adobe Reader.)
- Understanding American Politics: What the far-left, liberals, conservatives, and far-right really feel about major political issues.
- A Writer’s Oath: My promises as an author.
- What to Say When You Dissect a Frog: What to say instead of “Ewwww!”
- “When I Was Your Age:” How to remind today’s kids how good they have it.
- 2004: I’m Getting Nothing for Christmas
- 2007: The Angel in the Christmas Play
- 2008: Blue Christmas
- 2010: Playing Farmville
- 2011: The Island of Misfit Years
- 2012: You’re Breaking My Heart
- 2013: It’s Time for Two-Zero-Thirteen
- 2015: American Pie
- 2016: All We Talked About Was Trump
- 2017: I Want a Case of Jameson for Christmas
- Canvas Bound by Laura M. Kolar. A young artist discovers a world inside her paintings, one that she might not be able to escape.
- Correlation by Rosemary Fifield (writing as Mia Grace). A teenage girl finds herself back in time with a chance to change the future for herself and her family.
- How to Win at Sports Parenting by Jim and Janet Sundberg. Don’t let the title fool you. The tips in this book can benefit all parents.
- The Five Paths of Persuasion by Robert B. Miller and Gary A. Williams with Alden M. Hayashi. Learn how to become more persuasive by identifying the five main styles of decision makers.
- Gratitude and Trust by Paul Williams and Tracey Jackson. Six simple and powerful affirmations that will help you overcome your personal challenges.
- The Laws of Money, the Lessons of Life by Suze Orman. Five common-sense laws that will help you make better financial decisions.
- The Power of Positive Confrontation by Barbara Pachter with Susan Magee. Don’t wimp out or bully your way through a difficult situation with another person. This book provides a simple formula for handling conflict and preventing unnecessary confrontations.
- Today Matters by John C. Maxwell. Twelve practical steps towards self-improvement.
- Toxic Work by Barbara Bailey Reinhold. What to do when your job makes you sick (emotionally and physically).
- Upload by Collin Tobin. A teenager stumbles onto a dangerous conspiracy.
- The Word Game by Steena Holmes. A mother must face a trauma from her past when she learns about a sex offender in her community.