As I was going through some old files, I found the following that I wrote for my daughter as she entered sixth grade. With school starting, I’d like to share this with all of you. It’s called “Choose to be Great.”
- Take on any task cheerfully and with a desire to learn.
- Work hard and without complaint until the job is done.
- Do more than what is expected of them.
- Listen attentively to those who teach them.
- Always work on mastering the basics as a foundation to innovate.
- Set a good example for others.
- Keep persevering no matter how hard or frustrating the effort may seem.
- Enjoy hard work and progress as its own reward.
Great people choose to be great!